We’re seeking residents to serve on our Investment Advisory Committee!Leave a Comment
We are seeking two residents to serve on the IAC who are from one of our communities of focus (Hilltop- Beltzhoover, Allentown, Knoxville; The Hill District, Larimer, Millvale and Wilkinsburg). Read on for full Member Description details!
Position: RISE HIGH Investment Advisory Committee Member
Honorarium: $500 annual
Status: 3 Year Term
Neighborhood Allies is a social impact organization that collaboratively works to empower community
partners. Over the next 10 years, we will expand our resources to Accelerate, Scale, and Sustain the work
of our community partners to create healthy neighborhoods of opportunities and move 100,000 low-income
Pittsburghers up the socio-economic ladder. We will do this by centering our work and investments to foster
a more just, fair, and inclusive society in which all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We
emphasize the importance of racial equity –the condition achieved when one’s identity no longer
statistically predicts how one fares. Racial equity is a part of racial justice and thus we work to address root
causes of inequities and not just their manifestations.
Neighborhood Allies is seeking two residents to join our RISE HIGH Investment Advisory
Committee. The IAC is a culturally diverse, multi-sector body which may include representation from but
not limited to the following sectors/areas of expertise: grassroot resident groups, neighborhood-based
organizations, nonprofits, the public sector, the private sector, philanthropy, small businesses, artists,
education and workforce development.
The IAC applies a racial equity and a social justice lens towards the evaluation of RISE HIGH Grant
Partnership proposals. We value the voice, wisdom, experience, and leadership of community residents
and foster trust-based partnerships with our grantees. We look to prevent any unnecessary barriers to the
RISE HIGH Grant Partnership program by ensuring our evaluation criteria is fair.
● Investment Advisory Committee members shall serve a three-year term.
● The committee shall meet as needed in connection with the RHGP program schedule but no more
than four times in a calendar year.
● Review grant proposal write-ups, requests for program action put forward by staff, and advise
whether grants should be approved.
● Make recommendations to the Board of Directors with respect to the RHGP program.
● Help identify potential partners and projects that are aligned with the purpose of the RHGP
● Be available to the President for consultation on grants as requested by the President.
Please submit a Resume and a letter answering the questions below:
1. What do you know about Neighborhood Allies?
2. What experience do you have or what other boards have you served on?
3. What knowledge, skills and/or lived experience will you bring to the RISE HIGH IAC?
- Resumes and Letter Due Tuesday, November 30th, 2021 by 5 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line: ATTN: RISE HIGH Internal Team
- Interviews to follow.
Read the full position description here.
No phone calls please. Position is open until filled.
If you are in need of resume assistance, please contact: https://www.carnegielibrary.org/services/for-job-
seekers/ or call 412-622-3133.
NEIGHBORHOOD ALLIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.