Grants and Loans
Need capital for your idea to make your neighborhood (or many neighborhoods) healthier, safer and stronger?
- Love My Neighbor! Grants – grants of $500 – $2,500 for residents to make a positive change in their community. Eligible for residents in the Hill District, Hilltop (Beltzhoover, Allentown and Knoxville), Homewood, Larimer, Lincoln-Lemington, Millvale and Wilkinsburg.
- RISE HIGH Partnership Grants – grants ranging from $1,000 – $75,000 to support ideas that make the Pittsburgh area more equitable and inclusive. The program is open to nonprofit organizations and partnerships serving low-to-moderate income communities in Allegheny County but prioritized for our geographies of focus: the Hilltop, the Hill District, Larimer, Homewood, Wilkinsburg and Millvale.
We catalyze fresh thinking, take strategic risks, test new approaches and track progress using our Complete Capital model*.
- Financial Capital: Pooling the right kinds of money; local, state & national money available through grants, debt, equity and investments at institutions
- Human Capital: Advice, training, or support from the right people; staff, consultants, board members
- Social Capital: Leveraging and building the right networks; relationships and trust we build with people and organizations in all sectors
- Intellectual Capital: Learning, understanding, and sharing what works; bank of data sets, knowledge of best practices, success and failure stories
*Our Complete Capital Model was adapted from the Nonprofit Finance Fund model.