Foster Economic Opportunity
Lifting Up Our Community
Over the past seven years, Neighborhood Allies has developed focus and expertise in Economic Opportunity and addressing racial wealth equity. We continue to expand, providing more services to greater segments of the population, building long-term financial stability and pathways to opportunity. We also convene a wide variety of community practitioners, who share with us the needs and priorities of the people they serve.
Our efforts enable and position families to take transformational actions and have access to the knowledge and support they need to achieve long-term, sustained financial well-being. We provide comprehensive program offerings that address everything from providing free, one-on-one financial counseling by professionally trained counselors to creating opportunities for unbanked and underbanked people to access basic, free or low-cost accounts with local financial institutions:
- Financial Empowerment Center: Pittsburgh’s FEC provides free one-on-one financial coaching to help clients take control of their debt, improve their credit, create a budget, save, connect to safe and affordable financial products, save for emergencies and major purchases, and much more.
- Fund My Future PGH: Fund My Future helps families start their savings journey. By providing access to a monthly prize pool of $2,000, as well as supportive personal assistance and access to savings support sessions, children from birth to age 18 are given a jump-start toward their future. Fund My Future PGH serves all families in Allegheny County by helping them save for college and other post-secondary goals.
- Bank On Allegheny County Coalition: Bank On Allegheny County coalition members meet regularly to identify points of collaboration, community engagement opportunities, share best practices and develop innovative ideas. Members represent community-based organizations, financial institutions and local government agencies that provide services and resources such as financial and entrepreneurial education, credit counseling, savings programs, banking series, credit repair, employment assistance, youth engagement and other financial empowerment programming.
- Investment Cohorts and Wealth Building Initiatives
- Networks: Asset Building Network, Bank On Allegheny County Coalition, and Disability Awareness Working Group.
- Steel Smiling Organization in Residence Program
- Digital Inclusion Initiatives
Media Coverage| Neighborhood Allies, Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh enhance services for small businesses
By Liz Carey | March 24, 2022 | Pennsylvania...
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank the...
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank...