RISE HIGH Grant Partnership Program
We center our investments to foster a more just, fair, and inclusive society in which all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We emphasize the importance of racial equity–the condition achieved when one’s identity no longer statistically predicts how one fares. Our mission is to engage Pittsburgh area residents and organizations with innovative tools that expand opportunity for transformative community change.
The goal of the RISE HIGH Grant Partnership (RHGP) Program is to provide applicants with an opportunity to partner with Neighborhood Allies over a set period of time to achieve measurable equity and inclusion results in the Pittsburgh area. We emphasize the importance of racial equity –the condition achieved when one’s identity no longer statistically predicts how one fares. Racial equity is a part of racial justice, and thus we work to address the root causes of inequities and not just their manifestations.
- Provide grantee-partners with financial resources and technical assistance to enhance their organizational capacity. Organizational capacity includes a broad range of domains such as: Leadership, Management and Operations, Community Engagement, Program and Service Delivery, and Evaluation.
- Support strategies, partnerships, and seed ideas aiming to dismantle inequities so all residents can enjoy a better quality of life.
- Achieve alignment with one or more of the goals and objectives within our 3 Year Roadmap.
- Support Black and Brown-led organizations based in our focused geographies of: the Hilltop (Allentown, Beltzhoover, and Knoxville), the Hill District, Larimer, Homewood, Millvale and Wilkinsburg.
Grant Funds and Program Cycle
The RHGP Program consists of two grants, the RISE HIGH Growth Grant, and the 212 Convergence Grant: (There is one application for both grants)
In 2023, our funding cycle will consist of two rounds, a Spring Round, and a Fall Round. For the Spring Round of the RISE HIGH Growth Grant, applications are due by March 31st, and award announcements will be made on May 31st . For the Fall Round of the RISE HIGH Growth Grant, applications will be due by July 31st with award announcements made on September 30th.
For our 212 Convergence Grant, applications are due on March 31st with the award announced on July 31st. Details of each grant and a Calendar of Events is provided below.
The RISE HIGH Growth Grant
- Provides grant awards $15,000.
- Proposals must align with one of the goals and objectives within our 3 Year Roadmap.
- Awards prioritized for Black and Brown-led organizations based in our focused geographies of: the Hilltop, the Hill District, Larimer, Homewood, Millvale and Wilkinsburg
- Available in both Spring and Fall Rounds
The 212 Convergence Grant
- Provides one (1) grant award of $75,000 a year.
- Proposals must align with two or more of the goals and objectives within our 3 Year Roadmap.
- Must focus on equity and inclusion initiatives within the community development field in the Pittsburgh area.
- Award prioritized for projects/programs based in our focused geographies of: the Hilltop, the Hill District, Larimer, Homewood, Millvale and Wilkinsburg. Award are also available to organizations based elsewhere in the Pittsburgh area aiming to enhance levels of equity and inclusion within their organization and programs.
- For the 212 Convergence Grant, applications are evaluated by our Investment Advisory Committee (IAC) and if approved, the proposal moves forward to our board of directors for final consideration/determination.
- Applications released in Spring, with announcement made in the Fall.
- Individuals (please refer to FAQ #6)
- Political candidates/campaigns
- Religious organizations for religious activities
Calendar of Events
|Dates||RISE HIGH Growth Grant||212 Convergence Grant|
|January 16, 2023||Spring Application Released||Application Released|
|February 15, 2023||Spring General Zoom Info Session 1: (10am-11am)|
|March 8, 2023||Spring General Zoom Info Session 2: (10am-11am)|
|March 31, 2023||Spring Application Due||Application Due|
|April 1- May 31, 2023||Application Review||Application Review|
|May 31, 2023||Spring Award Announcements|
|June 1, 2023||Fall Application Release|
|June 14, 2023||Fall General Zoom Info Session 1: (10am-11am)||IAC Finalist Application Review|
|July 12, 2023||Fall General Zoom Info Session 2: (10am-11am)|
|July 31, 2023||Fall Application Due||Award Announcement|
|August 1 – September 30, 2023||Application Review|
|September 30, 2023||Fall Award Announcements|