McAuley Ministries has recently awarded Neighborhood Allies $150,000 over the next three years to continue our work creating and maintaining healthy neighborhoods across Pittsburgh!
Over the next three years, Neighborhood Allies will focus on deepening our connections in neighborhoods through capacity building efforts, program execution, strategic investments, and executing on new, innovative cross-sector partnerships. We strive to deepen and align our work with partners, connect residents to existing resources and eliminate inequities – ultimately creating a city in which all of our residents live in healthy, opportunity-rich, safe neighborhoods of choice. We are led by residents’ voices and supported by trusted collaborative partners with shared visions as we work together to transform communities.
More specifically, this generous investment from McAuley Ministries will help us to:
- Nurture and grow promising ideas into innovative, transformative initiatives through our grantmaking programs.
- Support the expansion of MWBDE neighborhood-based small businesses and creation of new homeowners through our Centralized Real Estate Accelerator and Schenley Heights Organized Revitalization Effort (SHORE).
- Continue to strive towards equity in all that we do and help to advance an effective equitable development agenda for Pittsburgh.
- Cultivate even more resident change-makers through our capacity building work with initiatives such as the Equitable Empowerment Fund, the Centralized Real Estate Accelerator, the Real Estate Empowerment Series, the Grassroots Grantmaking Committee, and more.
- Implement art and culture as a way to animate public spaces, rejuvenate streetscapes and structures, support local businesses, enhance public safety, and bring together residents through our Public Art and Communities 2.0 program in partnership with The Office of Public Art and the Borough of Millvale. PAC 2.0 grew out of our Temporary Public Art and Placemaking Program (TPAP).
We aspire to lift 100,000 Pittsburghers out of poverty. Because of partners, allies, and funders who support our work, we are able to continue on the journey to making that aspiration a reality for our residents.
Our work would not be possible without the tremendous support of partners like McAuley Ministries. Thank you for your commitment and support of our mission to support the people, organizations and partnerships committed to creating and maintaining healthy neighborhoods!