Position: Senior Program Manager for Investment
Reports to: Director of Real Estate Services
Neighborhood Allies is seeking a Neighborhood Investment Manager to join a collaborative team working
on community-driven programs and projects in the Pittsburgh region. Neighborhood Allies’ Centralized Real Estate Accelerator was designed to to accelerate, scale and sustain a community-based real estate
development system in Pittsburgh. The goal is to ensure that community developers can forge long-term
outcomes designed to benefit all residents.
Neighborhood Allies will launch Neighborhood Capital in the Hill District promoting equitable development and addressing racial injustice while also encouraging our community partners to capitalize on market opportunities. Projects will be identified and screened by Neighborhood Allies staff. Neighborhood Allies has been working deeply in the Hill District for the past eight years. The Neighborhood Investment Manager is responsible for originating, scheduling, coordinating, and implementing all aspects of the Neighborhood Capital Plan. Responsibilities will also include the coordination and oversight of strategic guidance, feasibility assessment, budgeting and proforma development, fundraising consultation, and support around assembling the development team. Project types may include new construction, rehabilitation, repair, enhancement or acquisition of existing buildings for redevelopment.
Strong candidates will demonstrate a commitment to improving the quality of life of Black and Brown
people, and low-income populations of the Pittsburgh region. They will have a high level of integrity,
patience, and thoughtfulness regarding community concerns, and have the experience and ability to
analyze in-depth community, racial, and economic justice issues; effectively building trusting relationships
with grassroots leaders and community-based organizations (CBOs) to facilitate tough conversations as
● Underwrite investment requests under the Neighborhood Capital Plan including project financials
and feasibility and developer experience and capacity.
● Assist developers with preparing proformas, budgets, and project schedules.
● Perform risk management, financial modeling, and feasibility assessment to minimize project risks.
● Document investment terms and conditions through contracts such as loan and partnership
● Review other development investment terms and conditions and work with developers to ensure
understanding and alignment while managing risk to Neighborhood Allies.
● Coordinate negotiations of financial, planning, and development agreements for execution of
● Work with the Director of Real Estate Services to develop investment policies and procedures.
● Prepare and present investment proposals to the Investment Advisory Committee and Board of
● Document grant requests and grant decisions, prepare grant agreements, and work with grantees
to ensure goals are met.
● Develop and maintain data systems and records to track the process and progress for proper
evaluation, control, and documentation to ensure compliance requirements.
● Monitor expenditures to ensure they are within the approved budget.
● Monitor and track covenants and promises ensuring that requirements of the project are met.
● Manage changes to project scope, project schedule, issues and project costs using appropriate
● Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Real Estate Services.
● Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree in finance, business administration, urban planning, public
administration, or similar field a plus.
● Minimum five years of professional work experience and at least 3 years of experience in
underwriting, credit analysis, investment origination or management, asset management, or similar
● Professional Economic Development and/or Finance certifications a plus.
● Demonstrated experience in building, monitoring, and managing a pipeline of transactions (grants,
loans, or development opportunities) in a community development field.
● Working knowledge of various funding sources and programs such as commercial bank or CDFI
lending, government loan and grant programs, and tax credits.
● Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels,
internal and external.
● Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and adapt to changing conditions and
● Proven ability to think strategically and to deliver results.
● Ability to exercise good judgment, demonstrate initiative, and achieve results through working with
Cultural Competence: Respects and works well with people of all backgrounds. Understands and invites
diverse perspectives to the table and is sensitive to group differences. Views diversity as an opportunity.
Challenges bias and intolerance.
Project Management: Set and adhere to deadlines and operate well under pressure of quick turnarounds.
Exhibit strong planning and organizational skills and demonstrate an ability to collaborate well with others.
Relationship Development: Builds and grows lasting, transformational relationships at all levels.
Internally, works collaboratively with all members of the Neighborhood Allies team and partners. Externally, demonstrates an ability to cultivate and to grow both new and existing relationships in the communities we
Neighborhood Allies offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Minimum salary of $70,000.
Please send the following:
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirements
Applications will be accepted via email only. Materials should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Neighborhood Investment Manager” as the subject.
No phone calls please.
Neighborhood Allies is an equal opportunity employer, hiring and promoting staff and providing equity training to individuals without regard to race, creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, or physical ability.